Friday, 21 September 2012

Autumn Wedding Fever

I am gearing up for my niece's wedding in November, I am going to make the wedding cake and preparing a dessert table (no pressure).  She is such a beautiful girl, the wedding is going to be amazing.  My daughter is also going to be a bridesmaid; you can imagine the excitement.

I have my outfit already (unheard of).  I am always lastminute.com with weddings, I always want to look a little funky and never traditional and it never really works out for me, I always end up unhappy with my outfit.  This time I decided that I wanted to be quite formal and saw an outfit in John Lewis during summer that I thought would suit me.  Damsel in a Dress is a great label for women of any age, great classic designs with a twist, beautiful colours and cut.  Their range is stocked in John Lewis, some branches of Fenwicks and House of Fraser.

Given the wedding is in November I was mindful that it would be cooler and also I didn't want anything too summery looking.  I chose this beautiful Celine grey silk and tweed dress and matching jacket




The dress has been cut on the bias and so drapes really well and creates a fab hourglass shape.  That would normally go against my grain as I don't like the thought of adding any additional curves but it works really well.   

Not sure about wearing a hat, it might be overkill for me, but am considering a fascinator.  I have never ever worn a hat or headgear before so that will be interesting.   I am considering what colour shoes and accessories to go for, black is quite safe, I am thinking a subtle contrasting colour but nothing too shocking or try hard.  The other alternative is a sparkly shoe.   It also has to be fairly comfortable.  I really do not fancy killer shoes on the day nor slipping into flats.   

I have seen a few pairs that I like the shape of, these are from Zara, not sure about the colour though.


These next ones are from Kurt Geiger and are too expensive at £169 really




and these are my favourites by Carven but at £320 I won't be investing.



  I am going to try and look for something similar, if you see anything be sure to let me know.   



4 comments:

  1. Your dress is beautiful and I really like the last pair of shoes also. It seems like I've seen them in black somewhere before. But I'll be on the look out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, that outfit is gorgeous. Great for a winter wedding. And very sophisticated too. I love the idea of teaming it with a bright pair of shoes.

    ReplyDelete